Settle into February with delicious old-fashioned oatmeal raisin cookies – good for breakfast, lunch and a bedtime snack! Or try making the classic peanut butter cookie, replacing the hershey kisses with reese’s peanut butter cups. Yum!
Old-Fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
3/4 cup butter (room temp.)
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup good quality flour (King Arthur)
1 tsp. Kosher salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. baking soda
3 cups Quaker Quick-Cooking Oats
1 cup raisins
Cream butter and sugars until smooth. Add egg, water and vanilla and mix. Combine flour, salt, cinnamon, cloves and baking soda and mix into wet ingredients. Add oats and stir until almost mixed and them add raisins and mix until well combined. Bake in 350 degree F oven for 10-12 minutes. Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookies with Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup peanut butter
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg, room temp.
2 tbsp. milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 bag Hershey Kisses or Miniature Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Cream butter and peanut butter in large bowl until well blended. Add granulated and brown sugar and stir until fluffy.
- In separate bowl whisk together the egg, milk and vanilla and stir into the sugar mixture.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt and gradually stir into sugar mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in a bowl of granulated sugar and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8-10 minutes in 375 degree F oven until lightly browned or dough begins to slightly crack.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a chocolate kiss or peanut butter cup into the center of each cookie.
- Remove from cookie tray and let cool.